Selena Marie Gomez (born July 22, 1992) is an Italian-American/Mexican-American actress, singer-songwriter & model. She was first featured on the children's series, Barney & Friends in the early 2000s. In 2007, Selena came to prominence after being cast in the Disney Channel television series, Wizards of Waverly Place. She started her band, Selena Gomez & the Scene after signing a recording contract with Hollywood Records in 2008. They later ended the band in 2012. Gomez entered the film industry with star billings in feature films including Ramona and Beezus (2010), Monte Carlo (2011 film) Monte Carlo (2011), and Hotel Transylvania (2012). She embraced an increasingly mature public image with her star billing in the controversial film Spring Breakers (2013) and her debut solo studio album Stars Dance (2013). The latter project debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 and spawned the Billboard Hot 100 top-ten single "Come & Get It". Gomez was released from her recording contract with Hollywood Records following the completion of her greatest hits album For You (2014). She subsequently signed with Interscope Records to continue work on her second studio album.
Relationship with MileyEdit
- Selena, Demi & Miley used to be really good friends.
- They have both dated Nick Jonas.
- they have recorded the song "Send It On" together with Demi Lovato and the Jonas Brothers.
- On Selena's first day on the Disney set, she was made fun of. Miley stood up for her.
- Concerning the release of Wrecking Ball, Selena urged her fans not to judge Miley: “Society judges people only on the outside. If you actually pay attention to the music, you'll see how talented she is."
- Miley bought Selena's single "Come & Get It" on iTunes. 
- Miley tweeted Selena in 2013 
- Selena, in an interview, officially confirmed that Selena actually does enjoy Miley's music and considers her a friend, but doesn't know if she feels the same way.
- Selena said she love Miley's new single "Malibu".
- Miley tweeted to Selena and wished her good luck on her performance.
- Selena was named after Mexican-American singer, Selena.
- Selena's Italian-American on Mandy's side & Mexican-American on Rick's side.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|